Monday 3 January 2011

My little star...

Today has been an angelic Nathan day. We took him to have his hair cut and he was absolutely beautifully behaved through out - despite both os us stood by ready to distract him he sat still and looked at his toes when asked and straight ahead with a little prompting and looks just gorgeous with his new cut.

We have to get up early in the morning, so, rather than a nap, we kept him awake all day and popped him to bed early. Before he went off we took all the decorations down for christmas. As I denuded (snigger) his tree he came and stood beside me and, completely unbidden, gave me a gorgeous rendition of "twinkle, twinkle, little star". All the main components were there: "twinle" (close enough), "star","are", "eye"( again close enough) and "pie" (yes, I know but I give him the benefit of the doubt - up to now he has only joined in on star) and final line had a huge breath in before the last "are". The rest was all perfectly rendered in Nathaneese and it is so cute it bought tears to my eyes. He did do it a few times through with encouragement so tomorrow I hope to video his performance...

No comments:

Post a Comment

margin: 0px; padding: 0px; 3: overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: auto; /* only use if stuck */ 4: