Monday 23 February 2009

The momentous day

Today my son was born - yup that is right SON!

Last night John and I packed up lots of my stuff so that it wouldn't get lost in the transfer between F14 and maternity. Dr Kirkpatrick popped in to check all was fine. John and I finally decided on a boys name - we had decided on a girls name quite easily but just couldn't settle on a boys until now. We won an actin for a stairlift so I can go home easily. I took my steriods and then had a bit of a breakdown as I realised I was gonna have to have an anesthetic which would make my legs go numb and in the back of my head I thought when it wore off that my leg would be back to what it was when I first had the stroke. Xena dropped off a cot and our clothes for the morning. John did his best to comfort me and in the end the midwife had to be called to calm me down. It turned out it was Georgina who was just about to go off on holiday and she stayed late to help bless her! Anyway John eventally left for home way after visiting hours had ended. I watched tv until about 2am then slept ntil the baby woke and bounced on my bladder at 5am. John was coming in at 7am to help me shower and get ready for when Xena came to get us at 8. He was a little late and so when he showed up we took piccies of my belly (not included here for the sake of the publics sanity!) and I hopped in the shower and we got dressed - me in a two gowns and John in scrubs.






John quite fancied himself in his scrubs!

I took more tablets and we then sat on the bed together for what seemed like 60 years until Xena appeared to take us to maternity.

The anethetist was a very nice scots bloke so John got ushed to the cornor while I had the spinal. He then came into theater to monitor me but I think mostly to distract us from what Dr Kirkpatrick was doing on the other side of the screen which he did admirably. Before we knew it, she was asking if we were ready to meet our son and then she lifted a very red and angry baby up but I could only see his head and chest so had to ask John the sex and when he said it was a boy I was comletely shocked and thought he MUST have got it wrong - I hadn't realised up to then that I was so convinced it was going to be a girl, particularly as we had refered to the baby as him up to now. But I had a son! He had a quick weigh and casme over to see us. Then Xena took him to the side to weigh him etc then we had him back.

From 20090223 - Nates first Birthday

From 20090223 - Nates first Birthday
From 20090223 - Nates first Birthday

From 20090223 - Nates first Birthday

From 20090223 - Nates first Birthday

From 20090223 - Nates first Birthday

From 20090223 - Nates first Birthday

From 20090223 - Nates first Birthday



Within minutes, the doctor had finished rummaging round my bits and we three were off to the recovery room. As you can see - I was fairly tired- my face was all droopy.










Nathan was also quite tired and after feeding he went to sleep for quite a while and John dashed home to have a shower and nap. I slept a lot and was a bit dazed at the prospect of having a son. At lunch I insisting on getting out of bed to eat (I had spent way too long in bed for the last 3 months and wanted to reassure myself that my legs were working). John was back after a while and my Mum and Dad popped in fora quick cuddle and to take some photos (which I must steal from them at some point but weren't allowed to stay long. John got in trouble as when he heard them coming, he grabbed Nate and went to rush out and show his pride and joy off but wasn't supposed to take him out of the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

margin: 0px; padding: 0px; 3: overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: auto; /* only use if stuck */ 4: