Wednesday 18 November 2009

A contrasting pair of days....

Yesterday

John started his new contract today and I was worried as I have grown used to relying on him doing stuff for me. I also had Tiny Talk at 10am so had to be very organised in order to leaver around 9.20. Now John was getting up around 7 ish and although that sounds like a lot of time everything takes me forever now so I really had to get my finger out. To my suprise, Nate breakfast went flawlessly as did getting him dressed. I then had a quick shower (with Nate in his bumbo emptying the selves with bath toys until he could tip it over) and managed to wriggle into my clothes so that I actually had about 20 minutes for breakfast which I had assumed I wouldn't have time for. We set off for the bus stop and to my delight, the rubbish weather of the last few days was gone - blue sky and bright sunshine and lovely crisp in every way - the air and the leaves. Nate had the rest of his breakfast bottle at the bus stop then the bus turned up. The bus turned up on time and was a low rider.
I had put my sling on in the hopes of sympathy from the bus drivers in case it wasn't a low rider (not that it has ever worked in the past) but it had the unexpected effect that people lept out of doorways and bushes to try and help me with the boy and the buggy. One person insisted in getting off of the bus with me to help wioth the buggy and I had to persuade her she didn't need to walk all the way with me.

I was anxious about tiny talk - it involves sections where I would have to carry Nate sometimes for quite long periods - I took his baby sling but it takes time to get him into it so I didn't use it but to my surprise Nate didn't wiggle and was beautifully behaved and even giggled wildly while I dangled him upside down in the hokey-cokey. He was then crawled over by the lovely brown-eyed Jasmine and so was besotted and played beautifully with her - he even gave her his rice cake (his mum was mortified when she realised she had eaten it)! I chatted with various parents who were really nice. At the end he gave up his toys without screaming and apart from a few tears putting his coat on goes back in his buggy without any problems. We walked home in the beautiful sunshine a and I thought "Nate is very alert, leaning forward to watch the world go by... oh, he is slumped forward in straps, fast asleep..." I meant to take a photo but the camera was out of battery. I did the walk fairly easily compared to the first time I attempted it so was quite pleased. When we got home he had lunch and it didn't go quite as well as breakfast but he then headed to bed for a quick nap. Well, I say quick.. having missed his morning nap he slept for around 3 hours! Tea went better and not long after he got up his Nanny rang so he sat and charmed at her for a bit. He started to get tired having got up so early this morning so after a bit of wrestling went to sleep on me. Of course John immeadiately came home and would him up to a fever pitch in time for bed...



But all in all a good day.

Today

Pretty much everything the same as yesterday until after Nates breakfast. I have two things to get done today, go to bank and pick up John's prescription, so no time limit. The weather is hideous - drizzle and strong winds. Nate had a short nap before lunch then helped with his lunch by grabbing it all and carefully dropping it on the floor. I then quickly opened the post, only to find that the inland revenue have lost our paymeny again (in this case partly my fault) so spent the next hhour on hold trying to talk to them while Nate screamed in his bouncer. When the phone finally cut out, I gave up and headed into town. In contrast to yeterday it was p***ing it down and, of course, the strong wind was basically head on. I collected Johns prescription and made it to town, sorted the bank then went to boots to get matey's drugs. But this is when my day got better - boots said they wouldn't be ready for 15 mins so I had no choice but to go to the coffee shop and get a vanilla latte (but in my defense I resisted cake and muffins) and let Nate have a drink and rice cake. He was now all smiles after his winging earlier so it was very pleasant. I then headed to the £1 shop (I wanted a crocodile clip on a stick to try to hold my wool when knitting) had a wander round but couldn't find what I wanted so in dismay headed to the charity shop where I found a christmassy jumper for Nate and a pull along duck toy. We then headed home only to find it had stopped raining and the wind was behind us. The sun finally came out as we got home. It was time for tea when we got in and Nate was starving! He ate his pie and veggies beautifully and yogurt in double quick time then skype his aunty and played on the floor like an angel. He started to get grumpy but I wanted him to see his daddy when he got home so I snuggled him on the sofa so he was nice and relaxed until daddy walked in and made him wriggle and giggle. I then opened the rest of the post that got left after I had opened the inland revenue letter and in side was two of the cutest baby vest froim mum and John advent calender, which I had been worried wouldn't get here in time.




Nate went to bed and was dead to the world in minutes.

I've just realised this is probably the most boring post I have ever made!

No comments:

Post a Comment

margin: 0px; padding: 0px; 3: overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: auto; /* only use if stuck */ 4: