Monday 11 January 2010

A feeling of triumph dashed

Well I have given up on Mum ever uploading her photos and so, before I catch up on the intervening days I just wanted to up date my morning.

So John was back to work for the first day since it properly snowed today, apparently the walk to the station was still quite hard going though. So he set of early and Nate and I headed bathroomwards. I normally pop Nate into his bumbo while I quickly shower, leaving the plug in so he can dabble him feet, and the sit down with him and give him a quick rinse. I haven't trusted myseld to give him a proper bath up to now for fear of dropping/drowning him! ,This mornin howver, Nate decided that while I had turned my back to pick up my shampoo he would try to get out of his bumbo (something he has been able to do for a while but hasn't yet tried while in the bath). Luckily I stopped him, quickly finished showering and sat down as normal and then thought, why not?! He is perfectly able to sit on his own and I am much better able to lift him now and he loves the water now. So I whipped him out of his bumbo and popped it on the floor beside the bath.

What followed is probably nothing special to most new parents, splashing, screaching, playing with ducks, squirting water, etc but was fantastic for me as I had thought for a while that I would never be able to do it with Nate as it would never be safe. The only unsafe element was that Nate constantly wanted to stand up and we don't have a non-slip mat in the bath so it was a little hairy (John is going to get one in his lunch break). There was only minor problem, in putting back in his bumbo so I could get out myself, he had a little "accident", but it was fine as it was only his Dad's towel that it got on! Anyway we then both got dressed and then Nate played while I put his clean clothes away. By the time I was done it was time for a nap so I popped Nate down and headed downstairs feeling very pleased with myself. This was soon replaced by feeling cold and wet as I immeadiately stepped in a puddle of dog puke!

No comments:

Post a Comment

margin: 0px; padding: 0px; 3: overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: auto; /* only use if stuck */ 4: