Friday 18 December 2009

Walking in a winter wonderland

OK so I posted this morning thinking the snow would soon be gone and it would be a boring day BUT Mike wasn't able to take me to physio so John had to come home early to take me physio. While waiting for him to come home I decided to take all the Christmas cards up to the post office to catch the last day for second class posting. Due to to snow we had to wrap up warm....



The park was beautiful in the snow but we skirted the edge and skated our way up the hill to the shops.



We then queued for ages in the post office and set off back home, until the waft of fish and chips hit me and so we got pie and chips to share. Not normal fare for Nathan but every now again won't hurt.



I was completely exhausted after the walk so popped Nate in his cot for a nap then sat down for a bit. My butt had barely hit the sofa when John walked on and so we got physio out of the way after scaring the car.



Then John fancied a walk in the snowy park so we popped home and picked up Thai and wandered down to the park, once again wrapped up warm.


Thai who normally has to be dragged out in the cold, really enjoyed it and was very well behaved.



Someone else enjoyed himself too...


Nathan was toasty warm but a bit bemused



We then got home almost completely pooped and then realised we needed to do the Christmas food shopping as I am out tomorrow, we are seeing friends on Sunday and John is working up to Christmas Eve. So we headed to Tesco's and bought the entire shop and then went back round again to find John's nice low fat Christmas lunch favorite - cheese wrapped in bacon - and headed home.

By now I could barely stand so John bought in the shopping while I shovelled food into the boy and then we popped an equally tired boy into bed. We then put the last couple of bits of shopping away and put the tea in the oven while my darling hubby made me hot chocolate topped up with baileys - delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

margin: 0px; padding: 0px; 3: overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: auto; /* only use if stuck */ 4: