Friday 21 November 2008

Week 24 : SO frustrating

I booked ante-natal classes some time ago at my first official scan. We were told not to leave it until a later appointment as spaces were limited and to ensure a place on the correct course (starting in week 28-30) we should book immeadiately. The classes we were assigned were due to start at the end of the month, a little early, but the christmas break meant we had to start earlier in order to fit them in on time.

I have just had a call to say that they have had some mothers who hadn't got round to booking when told and now have to be fitted in and that I would have to now wait until mid-January for classes, meaning I will not be finishing the classes until week 36. I wouldn't mind this so much, but a baby born in week 36 is considered to be full term and treated as such. So, if the baby is premature it will be here before the classes finish!

The woman I spoke to was the oriental mid-wife that I REALLY dislike who barely let us get a word in edgewise and didn't listen (JJ wasn't too keen on her either) so now I am worried that maybe she is running the classes.

I had been feeling more and more relaxed about the birth cos I knew that the classes were coming up and I would have all the information etc that I needed - now I am a complete mess and frankly fuming. What is more annoying, I know I am being unreasonable - I will only be finishing the classes two weeks later than I would have done if christmas weren't in the way but I still am SO annoyed. And in addition to all that, there was something prowling round the neighbours garden last night, setting off their garden light and so Thai decided to become a guard dog and bark at it all night so I am already tired and emotional.

I rang my Mum at the office and cried at her for a bit and she cheered me up with tales of the switching on of the christmas lights in Guildford, which sounded lovely. Unfortunately, I have missed the switching on of Bracknell's lights, which was yesterday. Damn it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

margin: 0px; padding: 0px; 3: overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: auto; /* only use if stuck */ 4: