Saturday 11 October 2008

Week 18 : AND SHE'S OFF!

Well, this week Kris finally was heading off to uni and I wanted to pop over to say goodbye so Thursday we joined Mum, Dad, Kris and Cathy (an adopted member of the family) for a somewhat erratic game of Newmarket. I say erratic as Dad kept forgetting to check his cards, I kept forgetting to hand back the dummy hand so it could be shuffled in and getting distracted by a catalogue Mum had that had a wrap that she thought would be perfect for breast feeding in the chilly nights, John and Cathy were competing for title of biggest winner and all amongst uni and baby talk and laughing and mucking about.
We have been struggling over what song we should play to the baby now to help it sleep after it is born and finally Mum came up with a good suggestion that we could both agree on (I vetoed Johns suggestion of Rammstien) - Daydream Believer, by the Monkees so we will have to pop that on the Ipod asap.
Kris and Cath produced a beautiful pizza based meal and I only split the beetroot a little :D At 10 John finally stood up and put his coat on and walked me out the door, pretty much while I was still talking, as it is the only way to get me to leave normally...

Next day, Kris spent the day packing the car and, once Dad had finished work for the day, the three of them headed up to York, staying overnight in a bed and breakfast so to be near in the morning to help Kris settle in. GOOD LUCK KRIS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

margin: 0px; padding: 0px; 3: overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: auto; /* only use if stuck */ 4: