Monday 13 October 2008

WEEK 19 : A scare and two firsts

Well this morning it was all go again - having not been sick in nearly a week I threw up spectacularly this morning and then the last few times there was some blood. I worried about it for a bit and eventually decided to ring NHS direct to see if I should be worried. They said it was probably not too much to worry about but to go to A and E and get checked out. I asked wher ethe nearest one was and they sent me to Heatherwood, despite me asking if the minor injuries unit was going to be able to treat me. Unsuprisingly, I was then sent to Frimley A and E as Heatherwood couldn't treat me. John decided he couldn't wait and came home and took me to Frimley where we sat for about 2 hours (which we were told wasn't too bad) and then a handsome doctor with very large warm hands examined me ( :D ) while JJ stood by and looked anxious. After blood tests etc the doctor decided it was a something-beginning-with-m tear - basically I ruptured some blood vessels when I was sick and nothing to worry about. It was hospital policy for the midwife to check any pregnant woman admitted to A and E so a very lovely woman came down and saw me and John got to listen to the baby's heartbeat for the first time which was a cool outcome to a crappy morning (and left us both a bit teary eyed). The midwife asked if I could feel the baby moving yet and I said I was only really feeling fluttery feelings and that John was finding it a bit frustrating as he couldn't feel it - she said it wouldn't belong before I felt more pokey jabs...

We finally went for a late lunch after checking in with Mum who was also in hospital today (but with a scheduled appointment) she as OK and relieved that I was too. We then headed home and both slept most of the afternoon. While watching tv (sanctuary - not great but I think it will get better) and I got a few particularly strong pokes and finally actually managed to get John's hand there so he could feel before it stopped - two firsts in one day! It was so cool (and at least convinced me that I wasn't going mad and actually COULD feel the baby moving)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

margin: 0px; padding: 0px; 3: overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: auto; /* only use if stuck */ 4: