Tuesday 16 December 2008

week 27 : YAY FOR CHRISTMAS FOOD!

"24 Reasons why I love you
Number 16

I love you because... you drive me home after a night out"


Generally while listening to a cacophany of "I luuurve you.... Leave me, I am useless... hic"

Anyway, JJ had the day off today as I had a diabetes appointment. I had to not eat after 10 the night before and then the next morning drink a lemony sugar potion. We then went to the hospital (and arrived very early as we had thought there would be more traffic) and they took my blood and then I went and wooofed down a bacon butty. Ahhhhh - so much better...

We waited a little while for the results and YAY! my blood sugar levels were spot on normal so no diabetes and I can eat all the mince pies I want! (Well, maybe not all but still - YAY!)

By that time it was a bit late for John to get back to work so we decided to do the christmas food shopping. We spent WAY too much money and bought way too much food but it was quite good fun and it wasn't until towards the end that I really flagged. We have decided on chicken cotlette with pigs in blankets and cheese (mice?) in blankets, in a white sauce with brocolli in white sauce, raum spinat, mash potato and roast potatoes and parsnips and to follow golden syrup sponge (JJ is having jam) with custard. I suspect we may explode...

No comments:

Post a Comment

margin: 0px; padding: 0px; 3: overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: auto; /* only use if stuck */ 4: